The Broker helps buyers with finding properties that meet their needs at the best price possible, but appraises property value through market research and knowing about past purchases. Provides information about legal guidelines, specifications, rates and availability related to property. Has knowledge of the processes and principles in providing customer and personal services, which can include meeting quality standards, customer needs assessment, and evaluation of client satisfaction. He/she is the one who will draft and complete essential legal documents, e.g. agreements, contracts, etc., and will coordinate property exchanges and auctions. Gathers data by networking and collaborating with inspectors, contractors, lawyers and other entities involved in the real estate business.
• Responsible for helping clients sell/lease and purchase commercial properties, including businesses, factories, buildings, restaurants, and apartments.
• Appraise property or properties using local comparisons.
• Provide financial information and analytical data to the potential buyer or seller.
• Visit and show several sites and explain features of building.
• Discuss costs of maintaining building and possible renovations with client.
• Determine best method of purchase and review financials.
• Show property that will be utilized for strictly business purposes.
• Seek out acquisition targets and grow book of leads.
• Facilitate acquisition / Lease transactions. Ensure all paperwork is properly filled out.
• Identify, analyze, and prepare re-development plans.
• Create relationships with businesses in various industries for future purchases.
• Place properties for sale.
• Have all properties inspected thoroughly and identify possible repairs.
• Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers over property prices and settlement details, and during
• the closing of sales.
• Compare properties with similar properties to determine fair market price.
• Adjust price if necessary.
• Work with loan officers, attorneys, and agencies to complete purchase.
• Create and manage own strategic sales plan aligned with the corporate goals.
• Coordinate for financing, if needed.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Must have solid sales and real estate experience with at least 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
• Must have a Indiana real estate license, or other state broker license, or at least be able to activate within 30 days.
• Self-motivated, disciplined, and accountable.
• Must have strong phone presentation and communication skills with commercial real estate brokers, commercial real estate owners, CPAs, and attorneys.
• Ability and desire to make a lot of calls and be constantly on the phone building relationships while creating a pipeline of deals.
• Must be disciplined to follow proven system of sales production while being highly creative with deal making.
• Ability to generate a high conversion rate on leads given.
• Strong ability to persuade and overcome objections to close deals.
• Must be disciplined to effectively use your company computer and phone for communications and enter accurate data into our CRM as it becomes available.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Tenacity to keep working while looking at every angle. Willing to be held accountable in regard to both activity levels and results.
• Must be comfortable working with numbers, financial calculations, valuation, as well as possible tax issues.
• 1031 Exchange and other tax related transaction experience is a plus.
• Able to create and maintain collegial relationships with management and sales team.
• Enthusiastic, tenacious and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
• True team player and highly ethical.
• Candidates must pass a background check and have excellent references.
• Must be a positive person and continually demonstrate a positive attitude.
Acts in accordance with RESOURCE’s with all applicable policies and procedures. Carries out responsibilities in an ethical, effective and professional manner. Follows all federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards that apply to his/her responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Moderate exposure to physical risk, including the regular risks involved with traveling and the exposure to construction/building sites.